Welcome Ya'll!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A working mother's life with baby #4


I know, I know! It sounds bad calling Ephraim "baby #4". So what... I know I love him!

Well, I know I seemed a little down in the last blog but that was cuz... I was! Having a baby, packing, moving across the country, working, preschool(now) and all the motherly duties(which darin does help with) have taken their toll on me and that stupid Postpartum depression crap has snuck up on me. So............ I am trying to deal and function in a positive way till it blows over. I am not always unhappy or depressed, but sometimes it just hits me and i feel like running from the house screaming. So.................. I don't, which then causes me to be a grumpy person to everyone(which has not been fun for others). So.................I am working on being more productive and happy. I went to the temple(even though darin had to be with the youth) and I have started trying to read the gospel doctrine scriptures better. I am doing preschool with Jadin and simeon on Tuesdays and Thursdays(thanks to stuff Jenny showed me). I have started walking/jogging on the treadmill(also like Jenny inspired me to do) at least 3 times a week. Last week I did it 3 (maybe 4) times and this week will be the same. It has helped me feel better with all the endorphines I get and just doing something for me. Well, this is all for now, but I will keep ya posted. Love ya, chanel.

2 comments:

Darin Stevens said...

Even when you're grumpy I still love you.


Darin.

Jenny said...

Sounds like you are doing all the right things to feel better. Exercise and reading uplifting gospel material always helps me. You are doing a great job. Like President Hinckley says, just do the best you can. You are an amazing mother.