Welcome Ya'll!

Monday, September 17, 2007

Enjoying the bounties of WA.

This is the view from my back sliding glass door. Nice and mountainy!


Hi all,
We have of course been busy since we got here with unpacking, working, kids and having fun. Now we have added school for Tristram and seasonal canning of peaches, pears and jam. We also got to freeze some corn. Yummy!
Tris is loving school and we are glad he has more to do. Canning has been tiring and rewarding. We will have yummy fruit for the winter.
My parents have been able to come and help can and to spend time together on the weekend.
Yesterday darin went to the temple in spokane for Youth baptisms and my parents watched the boys so I could go too.
It has been forever ago that I was able to go to the temple at all, so even though Darin and I were not together I decided to go. I was able to relax, meditate and absorb the spirit that can only be found there. It felt like being given water after a long journey through the desert... a welcome relief to my parched soul. I had a hard time focusing at first, but it was wonderful and I know that the more I go, the more I will be able to learn and absorb. I miss the temple and I am glad that it is only 2hrs away now.
Well, I will post more later with more pics, but i wanted to give a few updates for now.
PS- we see deer in herds out here and I commented that the "they are like cockroaches, the fields are infested with deer". hahaha. well see ya later, chanel

No comments: