Welcome Ya'll!

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Sister, Oh Sister where art thou!

I was chatting with my sister, michelle tonight. It was great to catch up a little and to hear from her (finally-love her anyway). She is the one that gave me the idea for my blog title too.
We like to talk about what we have done that is amazing to us and what we want to do/ should do but aren't really going to do any time soon. It is refreshing to chat with my sister and know that we are never gonna be shocked or dissapointed in each other, cuz we know how we are and we accept that (and the fact that we can't change each other). It is cool to hear about her life and how things are going with her. It takes my mind off my life and what I don't like about it. She is my own personal soap opera (but a good one).
I think I can be really boring or generic on the phone sometimes, so I appreciate her talking with me anyway. I think that I was a little distracted tonight. I have worried about money, house repairs, scheduling issues and family fueds so much that my brain is on overload. I am trying hard to take a step back and just breathe! Then I remind myself that my life is good and my family is great. That helps. Then, I go clean or do laundry to stay distracted. I like that saying " God give me the courage to change the things I can, the patiences to overcome those I can't and the wisdom to know the difference". Now if I can just apply that all the time. I know that the more things I can master in life, the more responsibilities the lord will see fit to give me. This is the first step to eternal progression- whew!
See ya later,
chanel.

No comments: